Data integration tools are extremely useful, both to connect different databases, or to automate data processes. At Amnesty International Spain, we've developed a tool that allows us to use the complete set of Pentaho Data Integration tools with CiviCRM. Thanks to that, some of the new things that we can do without the need of having development skills, are:
- Export of our contacts to an Excel file.
- Download a FTP file with contact information and import it into CiviCRM.
- Perform data quality tasks.
- Launch really big import and export tasks.
- Schedule any of the previous tasks.
During this presentation, we'll actually do a few of these tasks over a demo installation.
Note about the audiences: Even when these tasks are commonly executed by implementors and developers, we wont even talk about code. Precisely, this tool is useful because it allows advanced users to perform graphically (using a drag-and-drop tool) a series of tasks that commnly needed development skills.